Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How To Open a Coconut with Husk

In this post's video I will show you how to remove the coconut from the husk. This is for a mature brown coconut. This uses commonly available tools; two spade shovels. I learned this method in the Florida Keys where there are a lot of coconuts. My own coconut palm tree is producing a lot of coconuts so I use method all the time. It is so much faster than trying to chop open a coconut with a machete - not to mention safer. After removing the husk you can see my prior posts on the quick and safe way to remove the water and crack the coconut into two nice even halves. I then use an inexpensive hand crank coconut grater to shred the coconut right in the shell. This is another big time saver. I use the shredded coconut to make coconut macaroons, coconut milk, coconut butter and even coconut ice cream. Check out some of these on my prior posts, and subscribe to see future fresh coconut recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment