Sunday, June 21, 2015

Toasted Coconut Butter with Cuisinart FP-12 Food Processor Part 2


In part 2 of making coconut butter with the Cuisinart FP-12 series food processor I show you the finished product along with making the 2nd batch. I also discuss tips on using mature coconuts that you can buy from the store to make this. I give you a peek at a grater tools you can use to shred the coconut right in the shell. I have more videos that demonstrate how to use this Odiris coconut grater in my other blog posts.

I started with fresh mature coconuts and shredded the coconut using the Odiris Coconut grater. This allows you to shred the coconut without having to remove the meat from the shell first. Then I toasted the coconut in the oven until it was golden brown. Then I put the dried coconut shreds into the Cuisinart food processor and blend until the coconut turns into a liquid. This can turn into a liquid because all of the oil in the dehydrated coconut flakes. If you use store bought shredded coconut make sure it is "Full fat", or you will not be able to make coconut butter from it. After the coconut shreds turn liquidy I open the food processor and srape down coconut flakes from the bottom and sides and run the Cuisinart a little long. I usually put a pinch of salt in at this time. I usually do not add any sweetener, but you can if you want to at this time. Note that if you add even a little honey it can get to thick and crystallized very quickly.  After you have blended until smooth the Finally the coconut butter is ready to pour into jars. I have more tips in part 1 of this video.

I have processed over 100 coconut with the Cuisinart FP-12 food processor. My wife and I also routinely use it for slicing and shredding veggies. I would highly recommend it for your kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment